MacLaren Cemetery Trails
Recommended that this more difficult trail be hiked in a counterclockwise direction.
Can be hiked in either direction.
Try this trail together with the westen section of the Red Trail.
From the Wakefield Elementary School yard to Vorlage Ski Hill.
Once you come out onto the Vorlage Ski Hill you can turn left and walk to the top, coming out at the View Point on the Red Trail, OR when you come out onto the Vorlage Ski Hill, cross the hill and take the road to the bottom of the hill - From the Vorlage parking lot take chemin Elmdale to the Rourist Info Centre. Turn left and take the Trans-Canada Trail to chemin Gendron and the Wakefield Covered bridge, OR turn right into the center of the village, or take chemin Burnside back to chemin Caves and back to the Wakefield Elementary School.
General Trail Safety Tips
- Be careful of wet rocks and wet exposed tree roots; ther are VERY slippery.
- Be very careful going down steep trails.
- Always hike with a partner.
- Wear good hiking shoes or boots.
- Please keep children away from the Rock Cairns as loose rocks may fall over.
You Can Help
On the lookout for
- While walking, if you see any problems on the trails (fallen trees, damaged trail sign posts, etc) or any POTENTIAL problems (dead trees dangerously leaning towards the trail) please report these problems to
- If there is a problem with the map and/or associated sign posts please report these to us also.
- If you would like to help with trail building and maintenence, please get in touch.
- Donations can be made to the TRANS-CANADA TRAIL; this will allow us to maintain the trails and build new ones.
- Indicate that the donation is for "Wakefield Trails" and mail your contribution to
Wakefield Ensemble PO Box 36, Wakefield Quebec, J0X 3G0.
The Trans-Canada Trail will send you a charitable tax receipt.
For more information on this, contact