Hendrick Park Trail
There are two trails that can be taken:
1. The Red Trail starts at Hendrick Park parking next to Fairbairn House, and goes to the junction of Highway 366 and chemin du Vieux Pont. When you come out onto chemin du Vieux Pont, turn right to come back to the Wakefield Covered bridge.
30 minutes to complete trail loop
2. Take chemin Karen on your left to add 7+ km to your outing by taking this road and chemin de Wakefield Heights bringing you back to the Wakefield Covered bridge.
2 hours to complete trail loop
General Trail Safety Tips
- Be careful of wet rocks and wet exposed tree roots; ther are VERY slippery.
- Be very careful going down steep trails.
- Always hike with a partner.
- Wear good hiking shoes or boots.
- Please keep children away from the Rock Cairns as loose rocks may fall over.
You Can Help
On the lookout for
- While walking, if you see any problems on the trails (fallen trees, damaged trail sign posts, etc) or any POTENTIAL problems (dead trees dangerously leaning towards the trail) please report these problems to
- If there is a problem with the map and/or associated sign posts please report these to us also.
- If you would like to help with trail building and maintenence, please get in touch.
- Donations can be made to the TRANS-CANADA TRAIL; this will allow us to maintain the trails and build new ones.
- Indicate that the donation is for "Wakefield Trails" and mail your contribution to
Wakefield Ensemble PO Box 36, Wakefield Quebec, J0X 3G0.
The Trans-Canada Trail will send you a charitable tax receipt.
For more information on this, contact